I was Leery.

July 11, 2011 - Posted by Queen&King Lear at 8:42 PM
From being inspired by friends to start blogging to ACTUALLY naming and starting it up... I didn't once think about how infrequently interesting things happen to us. So, this got me worried... its like those times when you aren't looking for love and it creeps up? I realized that things are going to start happening to us. oh. no. That being said, something happened. Nothing big. Don't get your panties in a bunch. ;)

It was Saturday. I was feeling all motivated to clean the house, take a swim, organize something, or even work out! (It is unusual for Queen Lear to be motivated to exert herself in anyway) so I decided it was nice enough outside to take a bike ride. I grabbed a bottle of water, my phone, and the garage door opener and I went out to the bike, still feeling awesome for having decided to take a ride. Well, as usual the front tire was flat. I started to puff it up, and i couldn't get it working! I tried for 10 minutes, within those 10 minutes having called Michael to see if I was messing up something so DUMB! I was. Finally I figured it out, Michael did not call back, he was busy doing Navy things. So, I'm already frustrated, but still pretty excited about my ride, and now (having had 10 minutes to think about it) I had a goal in mind. I knew where I was heading on my afternoon adventure.

So, I strapped on my stuff, positioned my sunglasses, got on the bike... and started down the street. I was literally on the thing for 3 minutes, I had adjusted the gears so I would get a medium-sized work out and started hearing something strange, adjusted gears again, and things started happening. After 13 minutes of preparing for the trek, the CHAIN FALLS OFF THE BIKE!!! Are you kidding me?! I was so happy with the wind in my face! And now this!? I couldn't pedal anyway but backwards, and had to take the adventurers "WALK of shame" back around the stinkin' block. The only thing left to do was throw the bike into the garage, and go pout. That will teach me to buy a bike from Recycles Bicycles.

Needless to say, I will have to wait to take a ride. But something happened, thanks to blogspot. Hope you found it at least somewhat interesting. :)

Un-exerted, Queen&King Lear