Adventures in Bargains

July 18, 2011 - Posted by Queen&King Lear at 1:26 PM
We've heard much about so-called bargain shops around OKC. So we decided to take this past Friday and check em out. There are a bunches of antique shops, and gifty boutiques, which are great! But like any American girl I thoroughly enjoy me a good bargain. 
First we stopped for brunch at First Watch to use our recently acquired Groupon. I had hastily bought this Groupon because I had been to a First Watch in KC. It is so good! If you have a First Watch near you. Go. Then go tell other people about it.
Then we headed to Walls, which has shoes by Cole Haan, Michael Kors, and all that... but you gotta dig, And I must say, some parts of the store are pretty raggedy, and weird as far as the variety. When I say raggedy, I mean a tad dumpy, and by dumpy I mean you might not want to go there alone. But I'm all for going back oneday, to see what else they have to sell me. While we were there, I found a great dress I will wear to a Christmas party, and they also had baby supplies. (See what I mean by weird) So, I snagged some diapers and wipes for CHEAP for the neph. BARGAIN. That was it in there... thought we would find more... but another day, another dollar.

Yes, when we left Walls, they told us to "Have a cheap Day!" I'm not sure how I feel about this... but its clear how the face feels. Used.
Next we went to Half of Half! Which I've been to while I was living in KC. Another dumpy place, but they do have a few treasures! You just gotta dig, and you gotta be in the mood. I found a great blue dress that I plan to wear to a nice dinner when we go to Dallas with friends in August. Its a great cobalt blue, with a flowy top. Oooh. Plus I found 2 tops that were LOFT! Awesome. And Michael found a couple shirts too! Dealio! Or shall I say, BARGAIN.
This store, STASH... is NOT a bargain shop, plus its kind of hipster-ish. Which I am not. But I did like some of the things they had posted on their Facebook wall so we went, and we were able to get a couple little inexpensive things to hang on the walls at home. Plus, there was a mustache on the bag they sent me home with.
STASH was in Norman, OK... which is kind of far from our house. And when I say kinda, I mean really far away. So, we decided to drive around a bit and play. These are just a couple things we found: a set of concrete walls with Oklahoma memorabilia and pictures on it, and some really cool glasses! :) I'm sure my mom had glasses like mine. But she had 'em in various colors. The red ones she had were my favorite. They were all the rage. If the huge sunglasses of today were clear... this is what you would look like. Something to think about? HA.

Anyways, I hope to go on many more adventures in bargains in the future, I have always known, but it  really is hard to resist a TJMAXX or Marshall's. Hope you enjoyed... and I hope to share many more bargain hunting finds with you!

-Queen&King Lear