I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM...

August 3, 2011 - Posted by Queen&King Lear at 2:11 PM

WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!

Do you remember when you were younger hearing that joyous jingle of the ICE CREAM TRUCK fade in and out of range while you are watching afternoon television? It stirs up a weird emotion... one mixed with child-like excitement, a pinch of nervousness, and plain ole hesitation. (Do I dare ask mom for another dollar?)

This is how the other night was for me. I was sitting on the floor, wrapping a couple presents for a party... between ribbon cuttin' and tape yankin' I hear it. I hear the jingle that makes ALL children flood the neighborhood streets with total disregard for traffic. I had turned into a child, my eyes widened, I jumped up, and asked Michael for a dollar. I DID NOT hesitate. (But I must say, nothing on the ice cream truck costs a dollar) He grabbed his wallet, and we headed out to the street.

Disclaimer: No children were harmed during the trip to the truck.  

We got our treats, chatted up the really sweaty ice cream man and snapped a photo. :) Michael got a bugs bunny treat with gumball eyes, and I got the classic chocolate chip cookie sandwich. MMMazing. That was $6 well spent; I told you nothing costs a dollar anymore. The Leary's had a nice time chillin and chewin' on a hot summer night.

Listening for the next jingle, Queen&King Lear